JOB TITLE: Stewardship and Event Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Annual Fund Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: To maintain, manage and advance the stewardship program for donors and prospects for annual and capital campaigns. Will ensure a positive and continuing long-term relationship with NOLS. Is responsible for assisting in event planning as well as providing administrative support for the development office.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of fundraising
- A firm understanding of NOLS curriculum and mission, and the ability to promote NOLS to a diverse audience
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn donor tracking software, specifically Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge helpful
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Comprehensive computer skills required
- Ability to adjust to changing needs and flexibility is a must
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
Serve as the point person for tracking all cultivation and stewardship of prospects. Populate and maintain the database with prospect information. Take the lead on maintaining a high level of confidentiality of all prospect, donor, and student records. Ensure that a systematic program of stewardship is in place that will outlast changes in staff and ensure consistent and positive relations with donors. Assist in planning for development events, which includes, but not limited to, contacting supporters, reserving venues, and hiring vendors.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for upkeep of donor-related central hard and electronic files.
RESPONSIBILITIES: include but are not limited to the following
65% Individual Donor Stewardship
- Prepare written reports, correspondence and financial updates on an annual basis for endowed and annual scholarship donors and foundations above $1000 level
- Track scholarship money assigned and the respective recipients and attached donors
- Track and record scholarship letters from scholarship students
- Send pledge reminders on schedule
- Generate annual and endowed scholarship agreements and maintains record keeping of agreements electronically and hard copy
- Create and maintain accurate details of donor transactions and relationships
- Seek continuous improvement of the stewardship function including streamlining tasks and developing efficiencies in gift processing
- Maintain the school’s reputation for integrity, responsibility, caring, and prudent management of donor gifts
20% Assist in Event logistics
- Assist staff with planning development events and post event follow‐up
- Assist in creating and sending out invitations and tracking RSVP’s
- Create information packets for board of directors and other appropriate staff
- Assist with making event‐related phone calls to vendors, donors, trustees, and staff
- Assist with anniversary events
15% Assist with other projects as assigned.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK:
A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, WY
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and questions to:
284 Lincoln St., Lander, WY 82520
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: April 19, 2013
STARTING DATE: early May, 2013