JOB TITLE: Admission Officer
REPORTS TO: Senior Admission Officer
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide NOLS program information to prospective students, current students and their parents, alumni, instructors, general public and various staff members. Screen and enroll students on appropriate courses. This is a full-time position.
QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are necessary. One must be able to present a positive and helpful attitude to inquiries, whether in person, over the phone or electronically. NOLS graduate or instructor required. Capable of explaining course information, travel logistics and equipment lists. Basic computer knowledge required.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: There is no direct supervision but this person requires cooperative skills. The admission office is a team-oriented atmosphere. FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for accurately communicating financial status of a student's account and of the transfer and cancellation policies. Indirectly responsible for significant amounts of tuition revenue.
- 50% - Communicate with prospective and enrolled students through phone and electronic correspondence. This involves answering questions pertinent to the NOLS program, equipment, courses, tuition, etc. Manages course rosters.
- 30%- Contacts students via the telephone or email for application follow up, medical information, registration forms, available openings in appropriate courses and tuition payment.
- 5% - Assist students in changing their student status: Course transfers, cancellations, enrollment from waiting lists, available openings.
- 5% - Perform special projects and duties as assigned.
- 5% - Provide information on scholarship program and college credit.
- 5% - Communicate with NOLS staff at various branches regarding course status, roster updates, specialized student situations/needs etc.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, Wyoming
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and résumé to:
Senior Admission Officer
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled with an ideal start date of early December 2016.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.