E-mail List Service Request
O N F I R M E D
, your request was successfully sent. Watch your mailbox for a reply from the list server to <
>. If you do not receive a reply within 24 hours, please contact the NOLS Alumni Office at email@example.com or (800) 332-4280.
If you wish perform another action, please fill out and submit the form below. All fields are required. Use the email address to which you want the list mail delivered. If you experience difficulties using this form, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the problem.
If you have not already read the policies and guidelines for using an alumni email list, please do so now.
Anyone can join the lists, provided they respect the community and abide by the guidelines:
- Respect. These lists area based on respect, and attacks on individuals
are not tolerated.
- Privacy. Please do not forward messages or posts to non-list
members without permission from the author unless the message
is obviously an announcement intended to be forwarded.
Disagreement and debate are acceptable, but flames are not. Flame
wars are loosely defined as that which denigrates to personal
attacks and insulting language... however, because everyone
has differing levels of what is polite, a lot of slack needs to
be cut in this
What is a flame to you might just be a discussion to another.
In general, you should never say anything to anyone online that
you wouldn't say to
- Free speech. Part of a supportive environment is the ability
for people of differing opinions to feel safe in expressing
Please support and respect the right of free speech. This
includes opinions that might offend or bother you. As long
as an opinion is expressed
without flaming (see above), it is valid.
- Spamming. Please
do not abuse the list by posting inappropriate advertisements
or announcements about a particular event, service, or issue that does
not relate to the list charter or are blatantly commercial
in nature. Even a good cause, if it does not relate to the list charter,
a spam. For our purposes, spam is not considered free speech. Please
do not forward virus alerts. Many are hoaxes and the alert itself
is the virus.
- Dealing with problems. Members are encouraged to email the member involved should conflict arise, and not flame or otherwise attack someone on the list regarding their behavior. Should you feel that someone is way of line, please contact the list mom.
- Please have a stable email account. If your mail bounces frequently, the list mom will ask you to find a way to resolve the problem. If mail continues to bounce after you've been warned, your subscription will be canceled.